random thoughts

Thursday, October 15, 2009

my first encounter w/ bb creams

I was busy surfing the web for some stuff, such as recipes, etc. when I stumbled upon a site discussing about some cream...what the heck is a bb cream? Curiousity got me into spending hours researching about what is a bb cream...a.k.a. blemish balm cream. I got this from one site (http://makeupforlife.net/2007/12/bb-cream.html) which explains in full what are bb creams :

The BB Cream, aka Blemish Balm, is *the* hottest beauty product in Asia right now. The product was originated in Germany and used by dermatologists to help patients who have gone through laser skin surgery soothe and regenerate the skin.Soon after, Korean celebs started using the cream and a craze was born. Big companies then took the idea and turned it into a product widely available to the public. The new product is suitable for all skin types, especially those with sensitive and acne-prone skin. It has the advantages of both a makeup and skincare product. It can even out skintone, camouflage undereye circles, acne scars and add radiance to the skin without the heavy mask-like effects of a foundation. Prolonged used of the product will also help improve the overall texture of the skin and fade acne scars.

As you can clearly see, this post which I lifted was created in 2007...and what year is it now? 2009!! geesh!! I am soo late in this craze!! Anyway, after finding such information over the net, I surfed for the most suitable cream for me. So I started with the basics. What brands are available that carry this line and which brands are readily available here in Manila? So, I checked and found Skinfood, the Faceshop and Elianto, to name a few. Then, I found out that there are resellers out there, mostly found on multiply and they relatively sell them at a cheaper price compared to buying them straight in the store. So, off I go to find the perfect bb cream, that would become my HG (holy grail!).

Last weekend, I scouted Mall of Asia and visited Elianto. It was my first time to ask about this product and didn;t know the questions to ask...agh! Anyway, the SA applied some bb cream on my face, which was shade#2. I read from soem blogs to ask for samples to test if the product works for you or not. So, i asked for some samples, but the SA said they don't have any. I guess, since she appleid some bb cream on my face, that's enough sample...hahaha. I told her, I can't buy some right now, since I am still looking for the best bb cream for me. She said that the Elianot brand is cheaper compared to the other brands. After leaving the store, still with the Elianto bb cream plastered on my face, I decided to drop by SkinFood. The SA there, his name is Anton, was pretty approachable. He answered all my questions and even introduced me to almost all of their product lines, explaining each and every one in detail. He volunteered to apply the Mushroom bb cream on my face, but I declined and told him that I still have some Elianto bb cream on my face. I told him I will be back, since I want to test the Elianto bb cream--its durability, look and oil control, etc.So, when I went home, I checked my face on the mirror, and sure enough, the Elianto bb cream is still there. My face still looks okay. Some oiliness on my face are showing, though...geesh! But, I still can't compare the Elianto bb cream to anything.

I will go back to SkinFood next time and try the Mushroom bb cream this time. I am also contemplating on buying some samples, just small amounts, to know if this bb cram is for me, or it's just my curiousity that I am being sucked into this bb cream craze :)

Wish me luck on my bb cream hunting!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home